Juicing For The Skin

I have always wanted to have healthier looking skin. However, as a child growing up in the country and living off the typical fried, fatty foods that my parents brought and prepared it was difficult for me to maintain pimple free healthy looking skin.  As an adult I now know how to take better care of my skin and I strive to do better; as a result I have taken juicing for the skin to a whole new level.

I cannot imagine not juicing now. In fact if you are not juicing I encourage you to start. You will look and feel so much better. You just might get hooked on juicing.

Many of us have purchased the skin care products that are out there on the market. some of which are very expensive. However, we rarely get the results we are looking for. That's because what we put into our body matters, especially when it comes to skin care. The most expensive skin care product available in the world cannot repair and restore our skin if we dump nothing but junk food into our system. The excessive fatty foods and oils, the sugar-laden beverages and processed foods is all bad news for the skin. Our poor digestive system is no match for that kind of junk on a daily bases.

How on earth can we expect to maintain healthy look, vibrant skin when we do not give our bodies what is needed to maintain that health glow. Our skin will start to look old, rough, worn, wrinkled and have a dull appearance.  Our kidneys do the best it can to flush out waste and toxins but when there is an excess of waste in our body, toxins can come out through the skin and cause blemishes and other issues.

Fruits and vegetables are the answer and is a fantastic way of cleansing your system of those nasty toxins.  The vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetable will give your skin new life. Juicing detoxifies the skin and help keep the skin hydrated and glowing. You will want to be consistent in your juicing efforts; juicing should not be something that is temporary; make juicing a healthy way of life. You will not only look better but you will also feel better. Cut back on or eliminate the junk foods from your diet; It would be a shame to continue eating the wrong kinds of foods knowing what it's doing to your skin.




Here is one of my personal favorites for the skin. I love it because it taste so good and it's so easy and simple.

Skin So Soft (I gave it my own name, feel free to rename)
2 large carrots 
l celery stalk
1 apple
l cucumber
Cucumbers have always been great for the skin. In many spas you will see cucumber slices being placed over the eyes when facials are done; cucumbers are great for juicing and for using topically.  Cucumbers are  good for the complexion and for skin elasticity. If possible purchase organic fruits and vegetables for juicing. You want pure juice and not the harmful pesticides used on non-organic fruits and vegetables. If you are unable to purchase organic, remove the peel before juicing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey this sounds delicious. I really like juicing. I will have to continue visiting to see what other recipes I can make for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate you stopping in, do return. I will be putting up more delicious recipes. I juice at least twice a day. I love it.

      Delete